Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

remote controlled light dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

usernam

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
www.electroda.pl/eboard/download2.php.com

hi
i'm building a remote controlled light dimmer circuit.i've got to dim two lights.i'm using a phillips remote which uses the RC5 protocol. I've decoded the code from the remote but i now have to use a triac and control the intensity of the light. i'll be using a microcontroller for this. i need the microcontroler program for this. i'd prefer it if the prog was for a atmel 89c51 or an atmel 89c2051 but any other program is fine too.

thnx in advance

microcontroller light dimmer

Hi,

This link might be useful for you:

**broken link removed**

and this one too:

**broken link removed**

Regards

:D :D :D

elektor 2003 dimmer

thnx.
the first site doesnt seem to be working but the second link was really helpful. do u know any site where i can get a little more information on the zerocrossing detection circuit and also is it possible to get a zerocross detection circuit in IC form.

light dimmer using atmel

Hi,

Another useful link for you could be this one:

**broken link removed**

Bye

:D :D :D

remot controlled light dimmer circuits

thnx man.
really helpful. got it worked out now. :D
just have to implement it now. :?

remote controlled light dimmer circuit

Hi usernam,

You can also try Elektor Electronics, No. 323-July/August 2003 UK issue includes:

Remote Light Control with Dimmer:
The microcontroller-driven switch described in this article allows one lamp to switched on and off as well as dimmed, all using an RC5-compatible infrared remote control.

Maybe that's all you need...

If you'd like a copy of this article for learning and evaluation porposes, PM me and I'll upload it here.

Regards.

+elektor +issue 323, july 2003

Hi JR, I would like to see the article because I am having some problems with a project very much like this....

Is it possible that you could e-mail me the article og upload it elsewhere...?

Hope you can help me..

remote control to control lamp dimmer circuit

MODERATOR ACTION: attachment delete as in same topic orignal pdf file posted so why not safe some space here

Hi Woodster, usernam,

Sorry for my late reply,

I've scanned the article and I'm uploading the three pages below.
I hope it helps.

Good Luck!

__JR__

light dimmer ic

hi jr, woodster

thnx for the article but its a bit late. i already finished the dimmer. :)

here's a little write up on it if anybody is interested. It only covers the hardware portion and not the software part. unfortunately no time to write about the software. hopefully i'll get some time soon.

atmega light dimmer

sir ,
i am from MIT Manipal, working on the same project(Light dimming using RC5 remote)... i downloaded your article which has the harware description but please send me the software code at the given email id as i need it very urgently...

Please spend your precious few minutes for us..
Thanks in advance eagerly waiting for your help...

Thanking You,
Rohit Agrawal
Email : rohitagra@gmail.com

remote operated dimmer light circuit

thank you

Re: light dimmer ic

hi guys i need help in designing an IR remote control to switch on/off and vary the illumation level of an incandesent lamp with the following
1.able to operate from a distance not more than 10m
2.able to switch on at minimum luminous intensity level when power on switch is pressed
3.able to vary the illumination level in at least four preset levels by pressing intensity control switches
4.the operation should not interfer elecromagneticradiation that cause disturbances in other eletronic devices like radios

Re: microcontroller light dimmer

Hi hugo,

I need your project detail, n may be your links are outdated.

Kindly update these links.

regards

waqas ahmed

Re: light dimmer ic

hi jr, woodster

thnx for the article but its a bit late. i already finished the dimmer. :)

here's a little write up on it if anybody is interested. It only covers the hardware portion and not the software part. unfortunately no time to write about the software. hopefully i'll get some time soon.

hey i have done the circuitary and finding difficulty in reading the data from remote control.what is the logic to read the square pulses. i am also using philips remote.RC5 protocol.

hi can you please send me the code and circuit for light dimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back