Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay or Contactor for generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjadkhan

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am attempting to make a n automatic transfer switch for My Gen. Gen is 2800 watts peak and 2500 watts running, AC amps = 11.4.

here is what i think is going to happen. my circuit will be monitoring mains and then if it is absent the generator will be started and the circuit monitors the generator voltage and when it reaches to 230 and remains stable a relay will brake from mains and make connection with the gen.

Problems:

What is best Relay or contactor, is it possible that relay contact stuck at one point somehow? that would be a problem.

there is a choke(like a lever just like in motor bikes) in my gen, to turn it on i have to turn the coke down and push the start button and then pull up the choke, so i am thinking of stepper motor to control it, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.