Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relay dimming lcd backlight.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jit_singh_tara

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello frnds....

I am driving a lcd with a controller pic16f77a. i am giving output from a pin to a resistor 100ohm which is connected to base of transistor,emittor is grounded,collector is connected to a relay whose other terminal is connected to 5 v supply same which is powering up the whole circuit.

when i turn on the relay . the lcd backlikght is dimmed .this is because the relay is taking more current ,please suggest a solution.

the transistor is 2n3904,resistanc is 100 ohm , relay is 5V 2 pole relay.please suggest a solution.

Your power supply is inadequate and dropping voltage when the relay coil draws current.

Your options are:

1. a better power supply.
2. possibly powering the relay coil from before rather than after a regulator.
3. a relay with a more sensitive coil (less current).
4. replacing the relay with a different kind of switch.

There is no way to fix your problem in software or hardware except those suggestions.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.