Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay circuit problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roineust

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I need a remote controlled circuit, that is feeded by 220V AC and outputs 5V DC (for my Arduino project). So, i have purchased the following circuit:

**broken link removed**

The problem is, that when i connect this circuit to 220V socket and measure the output, when the remote is pressed, the voltmeter reads only 0.5V.

I was looking for jumpers or a potentiometer switch, on the circuit board, that would enable to change the selection of voltage, but could not find one.

Did i purchase the wrong equipment? It clearly states, on the product page: "Connected device voltage: Direct AC180-250V. Switching: 1-250V AC/DC" (i need it for switching of course).

In case this is the right equipment, where should i look on the circuit board, for an element that adjusts the voltage?

e.g.
The jumper that appears on the product picture lower left side, switches between remote control states (A button on and off or B button off etc..) and the green potentiometer, that appears on the upper middle section, controls the remote control frequency input read, so these are not the ones i am looking for...

Thanks!

Last edited:

Maybe you need a power supply which takes 220V input and outputs 5V DC for Arduino board. Arduino can take 9V. You can use 220V in and 9V DC out adpater whose DC power jack plug's center pin is +ve and other pin is negative.

The eBay product that you showed was a remote operated relay circuit. It has a wireless transmitter and a wireless receiver board with a relay. The relay is 2 Form A type output which has two common pins and 2 NO pins. If you provide phase and neutral lines to two COM pins of the terminal block then you can take out 230V phase and neutral lines from NO pins of terminal blocks. The relay will act as a switch. It doesn't convert 230V to 5V. You can also connect phase to COM pins and connect one end of two bulbs to each NO pins and the other ends of the bulbs connect to neutral. This way you can switch ON/OFF two bulbs from the handheld remote control.

What you need id this to power the Arduino board.

**broken link removed**

Make sure center pin of the plug is +ve.

Hello!
I need a remote controlled circuit, that is feeded by 220V AC and outputs 5V DC (for my Arduino project). So, i have purchased the following circuit:

**broken link removed**

The problem is, that when i connect this circuit to 220V socket and measure the output, when the remote is pressed, the voltmeter reads only 0.5V.

I was looking for jumpers or a potentiometer switch, on the circuit board, that would enable to change the selection of voltage, but could not find one.

Did i purchase the wrong equipment? It clearly states, on the product page: "Connected device voltage: Direct AC180-250V. Switching: 1-250V AC/DC" (i need it for switching of course).

In case this is the right equipment, where should i look on the circuit board, for an element that adjusts the voltage?

e.g.
The jumper that appears on the product picture lower left side, switches between remote control states (A button on and off or B button off etc..) and the green potentiometer, that appears on the upper middle section, controls the remote control frequency input read, so these are not the ones i am looking for...

Thanks!

it looks like you have bought the wrong thing.
the unit is a remote controller it seems.
and gives you switch contacts to be used to control
your devices on/off via the remote.
the good point is that it can switch 30A
so if you want 5VDC you will need to add a
PSU then use the device to switch it on/off

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Hey people,
Thanks for replying!

So basically you are both saying, that it outputs only 220V, if i understand correctly? If so, i guess it really isn't a big problem, to add another converter from 220V to 5-9V at the output.

If so, i have another question: Might it be, that i was able to measure only 0.5V at the output, since my voltmeter dial was on DC measure and not on AC measure? If so, what is the reason, that it did show 0.5V and not 0v?

Thanks.

the spec says that the receiver its a remote controlled relay
driven from ac supply, the output contacts
are isolated

try punting a bulb in series with a battery and connect them to
the relay contacts marked out.

If you want to switrch on/off power to arduino board then connect phase od 230V AC to one COM pin of relay and connect NO pin of relay to AC 220V to DC 9V adapter. Connect other pin of adapter to neutral. Now AC to DC adapter can be controlled through remote control and this adapter in turn controls the power to arduino. You don't actually need a 30A type relay for such purpose.

You can use this wireless relay board to control power to Arduino board. Of course the AC to DC adapter input has to be connected to relay and DC output of adapter to Arduino UNO R3..

https://probots.co.in/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=344

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back