Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Relatoin between cell size and number of cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawanayyoub

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all ;
I need to know the formula which it has relation between the number of cells and cell radius in GSM ............. according to this if the radius reduced by ( 1/2 ) then cell number increased by 4 ? ......... please i need any explanation ? ,,,,,,,,, i don't know if that is according to the hexagonal shape of the cell and the formula of its' area ? :?:

Thanks in advance :lol:
Rawan Ayyoub

pretty easy,

here is the thing, first, the cell is usually described as hexagonal shape, however, if the edge approach to infinity, it turns out to be a circle.

Now, lets say you have just one cell, its covered area A = pi*r^2, r is the radius

then, now, you reduce r to r/2, then, each new created cell have area AA = pi*((r/2)^2) = 1/4*pi*r^2,

remember you want A still, so you need to make four AA to get it (here assume no overlap), then you get you need A = 4*AA

here comes the number "4".

BTW, I know you would say this is using circle instead of hexagonal shape, and will this be same for hex shape?

The anwser is yes. And the reason I do not show hex here is its area formula too long. You could try it and you will get the same result.

Dear W_Heisenberg ;
Thanks a lot for your replay, this Question is homework in GSM course , so I have thought in this solution ,,,,,,, and now you have confirmed to me the information ...... I repeat my thanks :lol:

with my deepest thanks,
Rawan Ayyoub.

Status
Not open for further replies.