Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relationship between VAr, VA and Real Power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The "triangle diagram" (my term) on this web page shows the relationship for VAr VA and Real Power.

AC power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-But isn't this triangle ONLY for the case when BOTH voltage AND current are perfectly sinusoidal

Asper My knowledge the VAR VA and Real Power concept are mainly comes in context of AC( Alternating Current) Supply....Which mainly have sinusoidal nature....and the relationships are also derived for that... However you can have different signal sources like trangular wave or tapazodal wave form too.....but in that case the relation ship will change as the irregular wave form have different frequency contains .....as per fourier analysis and hormonic function....also vector sum of this component will give you non-linear relation with inductor and capacitors ( reactive load ) conditions....I mean in the normal case of sinusoidal supply u have a relation xl = 2*pi*f*l; which will become more complex if you have more frequecy component are getting involved.....I hope that answers your questions

Regards,

Milind

Status
Not open for further replies.