Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RELATIONSHIP between OFDM and Analog RF Front end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imar

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi freinds!
i am confused in the point of how to take in account the use of OFDM as a scheme of transmission and its relationship with tha analog part of a radio receiver.
in fact, i am trying now to inderstand what should be taken in consideration when designing an analog front end of a receiver that has an OFDM modulation;MAYBE the linearity is one of the factors that should be treated and analysed.
please, is there some one who can make these things more clear for me?
it is a new aspect to me, the relationship between analog and signal processing in radio receivers.

thanks in advance

imar

please can you explain more so that may be i can help you?

you mean about time & frequency synchronization?

do u mean the modulation type

please explain more to make us abel to help u

Sorry for having not well elaborated the problem!
i'm working especially on the Radio frequency front ends.
i have fixed the RF charcterization parameters which are noise figure, linearity, gain and the BW.
but the point that i want to know and learn about is the correlation of the OFDM modulation and "considerations" that should be taken.
For exemple, to be able to receive an OFDM signal, the Local oscillator should have a little offset frequency to not create a big shift in frequency which could cause a loss when demodulating in the baseband part of the receiver.
So is there other considerations like this presented above ?
the majority documents that i've read concentrate only in one issue either the analog requirements ( linearity...) or algorithms that should be applied in the receiver baseband to demodulate the OFDM signal.
this is the point that i wanted to share with you.what are the considerations to take to be sure that the OFDM signal is well proccessed in the analog part of the receiver before being treated in its baseband part.

thanks for being interrested on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.