Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relation between energy and frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil6600

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

can any one tell me what is the relation between energy and frequency. basically i wanted to know that if we transmit a signal at 100Mhz and a signal at 1Ghz then which will consume more power for transmitting the signal for same distance.

thanks

Depending on the frequency components of the signal there can be more or less energy according to parseval's theorem. A 1 GHz will consume more energy because it has more frequency components than the other signal, but there are modulation techniques for these inconvenients.

Energy and frequency has direct relationship. As signal frequency increases more energy wastes during transmission. For 1 GHz signal more energy waste as 100 MHz

Last edited:
higher frequencies have higher energy level compared to lower frequencies.so higher frequencies can sustain for long distances compared to lower frequencies.so high frequencies used to transmit signals.you have to give more energy to transmit 1ghz compared to that of 100mhz.but 1ghz have less distortion compared to that of 100mhz.

The energy of a frequency is

E= pf where p is Planks constant and f is the frequence.

Depending on the application, you may be able to get away with lower "power" for the higher frequencey if you can use a directional antena.

Depending on the application, you may be able to get away with lower "power" for the higher frequencey if you can use a directional antena.

Exactily

Some satelites works with few watts only, due parabolic antennas.
Radio difusers works with thousads uf watts, due multidirectional antennas.

+++

thanks guys for the answers..

hi

can any one tell me what is the relation between energy and frequency. basically i wanted to know that if we transmit a signal at 100Mhz and a signal at 1Ghz then which will consume more power for transmitting the signal for same distance.

thanks
see this wiki page
Energy of electromagnetic radiation = planks constant multiplied by frequency.
so higher the frequency higher the power of the radiation.

But for transmitting over a distance is another thing.
The Power loss is in a logarithmic scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.