Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relation between bps and frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdg007

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If i sending 9600bps ..how to approximate what frequency it is ?
-
lets say if i am giving 10kHz square wave....--> what Bps it is ?for 10khz frequency how many bits i can send per second at max?
-
on the other thread i saw 1Hz is 2bits... so 10kHz is 20kbps ???

Hey kdg007,

if you are talking about Baud rate then you are right. Baud is the rate of change of the signal, so when there is a state change it is equivalent to 2 bits (due to changing states going from a 0 to a 1 for eg: which is 2 bits) so 1 baud = 2 bps. so 9600 baud is 19200bps

hope it helps

Last edited:
[https://www.electro-tech-online.com...16441-relationship-between-frequency-bps.html

You could see the same discussion in this site.

QUOTE=kdg007;1123611]If i sending 9600bps ..how to approximate what frequency it is ?
-
lets say if i am giving 10kHz square wave....--> what Bps it is ?for 10khz frequency how many bits i can send per second at max?
-
on the other thread i saw 1Hz is 2bits... so 10kHz is 20kbps ???[/QUOTE]

Reactions: kdg007

kdg007

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
for hyperterminal when i choose 9600 ... is it the baud rate or bps ??? if it is bps... what frequency it is ? 10kHz ?

Status
Not open for further replies.