Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[51] Related to AT89C51RC2 Microcontroller...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jignesh doshi

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,,

Is there any1 use AT89c51RC2 microcontroller?

If yes then how can u programming this IC?

R u using any programmer or using ISP?

I use the AT89C51ED2 ( it shares the same datasheet as the RD2). I use the bootloader that is installed on the chip at the factory, through a USB to TTL converter cable, using Flip software from Atmel. The bootloader requires that PSEN is held low at reset to enter programming mode. The USB to TTL converter is connected to RX (P3.0) and TX(P3.1).

if i am using Flip software then i cant connect my hardware with PC.

I am using RS-232 Connection...

I got error "Timeout"...

So what i have to do?

The timeout error can mean communication is not established with the microcontroller in bootloader mode.
The EA pin should have a pullup resistor ( say 10k ), to 5 volts.
The PSEN pin needs to be grounded at reset to enter bootloader mode.
(To run the program after it is loaded, PSEN is floating or high at reset).
If using RS232, it has to be converted from RS232 to TTL levels.
In Flip, the RS232 setup utility has to be run each time the microcontroller is reset into bootloader mode, before the chip is programmed, or it will give the timeout error.
Flip has to be showing the Signature Bytes, Device ID, etc. to show communication has been established.
Of course, the right device has to have been selected under the device tab.
In the RS232 setup, the maximum baud rate I can use is 57600, so lower baud rates can be tried to see what works.
The correct com port needs to be selected in RS232 setup.
If none of the above help, you might want to post the schematic of the setup you are using.

Last edited:

Check for proper reset circuit too.. That also creates this kind of errors.

my circuit is working fine...

I can also do RS-232 Communication and my program can send data and i can receive that data on hyperterminal...

Status
Not open for further replies.