Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regulation of regulated voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesmoke

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am designing a PCB that have some analog components including camera and accelerometer etc. The board is to be interfaced with another (micro-controller) board. A 3.3 V regulated supply and an unregulated supply is available at connector pins. I want to have local regulation on my camera board. Here I need your input that which solution would be best:

a) using the unregulated supply for input to my local (camera board) regulator.
b) using the regulated supply for input to my local regulator.

Thanks

The only reason I can think of to run the camera regulator off the regulated supply would be if your camera circuit needs more isolation from the unregulated supply. I doubt this is the case so I'd run off of the unregulated supply. This will increase the isolation of the two circuits and also reduce the amount of power that the first regulator has to provide.

Last edited:

What supply voltage does your camera need? And what's the nominal voltage of the unregulated supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.