Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regardng the Query for the Coolrunner -II XC2C256 CPLD device

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakashvenugopal

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

I try to select the CPLD Device Coolrunner-II XC2C256. In the datasheet, in Absolute Maximum rating, the Maximum rating for VCC is shown as 2.0V. But, in the reference schematic, it is shown the VCC rail as 3.3V and Vcore as 1.8V. Can anyone let me know we can use 3.3V in the VCC for the XC2C256 Series.

Please refer the Schematic attached.

Thanks,
V. Prakash
View attachment XC2XL-sch.pdfView attachment XC2XL-sch.pdf

There are two power supply, the Vcc core voltage has a max of 1.9v but the VccIO which is the voltage that feeds the I/O stages of the chip has a max rating of 3.6v.
The schematic you have attached has two regulators, one has a 1.8v output for Vcc and the other 3.3v for VccIO

Alex

hi alex,

Thanks for your comments. I got the Schematic from the Net. In this, there is no Part Number mentioned for 3.3V regulator and 1.8V regulator and oscillator used for the Clock. Did you know the Part number for it?

Regards,
V. Prakash

No I don't have the part number, I only saw the power supply lines named Vcc33 and Vcc18.
The crystal has no info either on the schematic

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back