Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding VLSI career

Status
Not open for further replies.

navakanth

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI

I completed my MTech in VLSI design in 2011 along with BTech (2008)at present I am working in a tech support job
Now the problem is I am planning to shift my career in other domain i.e VLSI or Embedded or Software and i need to do course compulsarily
to shift into any one of these directions.

I am in a confusion which one to choose Wheather VLSI or Embedded or Software please guide me in choosing the exact domain keeping getting job in mind
Mention the best courses in software that are job oriented.

Pls Pls Pls im in a great confusion totally scrambles with the domains:?::?::?::?::?::?:

Thnx in advance

hi navakanth it depends on your interest want to earn much then software,or else core side u can chose either vlsi or embedded as far as i know in India we are have good firms in vlsi and embedded

regarding vlsi courses join some verilog,systemverilog course in bangalore or hyderabad but its expensive

hi krishna thnx for your reply

being a Post graduate student i ll prefer core side but when you think about job in core side embedded systems also come into play along with VLSI

so it is hard for me to decide correct path when considering job oppurtunites we have to consider time period also for training and

in VLSI jobs every company is preferring min of 2+yrs experience

in VLSI jobs every company is preferring min of 2+yrs experience

Hi Navakanth,

I think you are mistaken there are many VLSI (FPGA/ASIC) companies recruiting freshers...
Many of them are B-tech (You are a M-Tech Holder)...

But i am not sure that you will get in the design field... Because many of the freshers will get jobs in the testing or in the application field....

If you are taking the B-tech or M-tech from IIT then the chance for getting in the design field is more...

Try to keep the core field....

Best of Luck

hi
can you list some of the companies which are taking freshers

and pls tell me weather i have to take VLSI/Embedded course or not for job purpose being VLSI student i am still in a confusion which course to take
either VLSI or EMBEDDED

THanx

can you list some of the companies which are taking freshers

Some of my friends are working these companies, they were freshers.., Companies like Cypress, Netlogic, NVDIA, APACHE, National Instruments, Wipro VLSI, TATA Elexi, etc... But most of them are in the testing and application field...

We have only B-tech degree in the Electronics and Communication branch only...

Me also joined as a fresher in my company as a digital design engineer (FPGA system design)...

So the opportunity are more.....

If you are interested in Embedded you can select that or select the VLSI

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back