Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding VB6.0 RS 232 Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

yviswanathbe

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

We have developed a GUI using VB6.0 which is interfaced and communicated to our Micro controller card using RS 232 Communication.

we need to display data coming from the micro controller board with respect to time.
Every thing is working fine except Power Fail Indication. As i told we need to display the data coming from the micro controller board with respect to Time we need to show/warn an indication when ever there is a power loss during testing (Normally all our tests will run for hours min 1hours to days, data will be stores every 1sec sample rate). So this is a mandatory option we need to implement and also resume the test when power comes.

I will not get data when there is no power to our Micro controller board.
Actually we should not get any data from serial port when there is no power to micro controller board, but i am getting some junk data even when there is no power. So i am not able to do the comparison.
Can some body suggest me a way to do this.
Please help me with some example code.

Thanks and Regards,
Viswanath

Thanks and Regards,
Viswanath

did you try with "NullDiscard" property before data reading

Code:
MSComm.NullDiscard = True

regards
bassa

Hi bassa,

Thanks for the reply.

In my MSCOMM settings the property you said was FALSE, i mean mscomm1.nulldiscard=false

What this property does if i make it to true?

Thanks and Regards
Viswanath

Thanks very much bassa,

i will giv a try and get back if i get any problems.

Thanks and regards,
Vuswanath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back