Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding TSMC 130nm PDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manjularamkumar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I required TSMC 0.13um CMOS process.

I dont have the TSMC account. I am from academic side,But, TSMC account is only provided for companies.

How to get the access for TSMC?

Please give any suggestions.

TSMC gives access to academics as well. You need to contact them through your University/College.

Keith.

TSMC gives access to academics as well. You need to contact them through your University/College.

Keith.

Through college means that, my guide can contact.

Please tell me, how to proceed? I am from India.

If you want to contact TSMC direct, their contact for India is sdalal@tsmc.com

If your college has an agreement, they should know.

Keith.

My college does not have any contact with TSMC.

I already many times sent the request to TSMC-India contact mail id.

Only reply, they provide access to revenew generating Companies.

Any other procedure to make a request to access? Plz tell me.

If you cannot get access to TSMC then I am not sure there is much point trying to deign with it - you will not be able to make the IC. You may as well use any 130nm models you can find from any manufacturer if it is just as a simulation exercise.

Keith

If you cannot get access to TSMC then I am not sure there is much point trying to deign with it - you will not be able to make the IC. You may as well use any 130nm models you can find from any manufacturer if it is just as a simulation exercise.

Keith

U said, TSMC provide the accesss to academic institution. What is the reason for not getting the TSMC access?

Is there any way to get the access?

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt think about manufacturing because the cost is very high in indian money. I am doing research in this area. I can stop upto post layout simulation. In this situation, Could I proceed through Europractice to get the TSMC access?

- - - Updated - - -

Where does your university send the data for manufacturing? If you get hardware through MOSIS or Europractice, these might be your contact for documentation and designkits.

https://www.mosis.com/vendors/view/tsmc/documents

I didnt think about manufacturing because the cost is very high in indian money. I am doing research in this area. I can stop upto post layout simulation. In this situation, Could I proceed through Europractice to get the TSMC access?

If you are researcher, you probably have obtained your CAD licences via MOSIS or Europractice.
If you have an Europractice customer number, Imec (www.imec.be) can provide you the kit. It is more or less the same for MOSIS.
Then you have to sign a NDA to obtain the files, and you are free to manufacture or not your designs.

If you are researcher, you probably have obtained your CAD licences via MOSIS or Europractice.
If you have an Europractice customer number, Imec (www.imec.be) can provide you the kit. It is more or less the same for MOSIS.
Then you have to sign a NDA to obtain the files, and you are free to manufacture or not your designs.

In my college, We already have EDA license software . There is no need to obtain via Europractise. MY doubt is that PDK files will obtain via NDA only if i am able to go upto manufacturing.

There is no need to obtain via Europractise
I said that you can probably obtain TSMC kit via your EDA software licence provider.
Perhaps it depends on the NDA (here, our NDA is signed with TSMC thru IMEC), but there is NO such clause in our NDA.
As I already said, there is mainly confidentiality and non-disclosure clauses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back