Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding simultaneous data sampling on the PIC32MK families of MCUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a project that requires me to sample multiple analog signals simultaneously. The PIC32MK family of microcontrollers comes with six independent ADC modules, which is perfect for my use case. But can all the modules sample and store simultaneously?

See Figure 25-1 of the family data sheet (without you providing a specific MCU I looked at https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/PIC32MK_GP_MC_Familly_Datasheet_60001402G.pdf).
Also Figure 25-2 which shows the S&H of ADC0 to ADC5 - all separate.
Also look at the ADCTRGMODE register (Register 25-4), especially the SSAMPENx bits.
BUT BE AWARE that the ADC module differs between various members of the PIC32MX family - you need to look at the correct data sheet for the exact MCU you want to use. The above document assumes you have the 12-bit SAR ADC; the 10-bit ADC used in other members of the family is different.
Also I always advise that you look at the correct FRM (Family Reference Manual) section for further details and examples. The FRM documents refer to a generic module variant but the specifics of the module are in the datasheet so you need to be aware of the difference between the datasheet and the FRM and read accordingly.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back