Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding simulating chips using PSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashipoddar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can somebody let me know if we can simulate a chip without knowing its internal chip diagram. As i am very much sure that no company will give any internal circuit diagram. So is it really possible to show with simulation the current and power consumation by a chp. Or is it that the company gives some netlist file to add that in library of ORCAD.

HSPICE is supporting encrypted model files, I noticed that some manufacturers are using it to provide a simulation
option without revealing internal chip details. Orcad PSPICE hasn't a similar feature as far as I know.

So sir is it really possible to simulate the file ...once if they give the netlist file that means they are giving the cmplete internal structure..Howevr some companies donot give actual configuration. So what can be done for that. I am uploading the chip on which i am working. If you have some details kindly comment on it. I am working on 434MHz ,,It is a RF Amplifier...RF 5110

A SPICE model does not necessarily describe the real structure of a chip. In case of a functional model, it can be rather simplified.

The said amplifier has a schematic in the datasheet, but I'm not aware of any manufacturer SPICE models. So what are you actually asking for?

Usual SRD regulations won't allow the operation of a 2 W GSM amplifier at 434 MHz, by the way.

old orcad spice modals are true spice models which have actual values of W/L values of the devices. now a days companies use either encrypted spice models like SABER or even SPICE. they also use block level models which are designed to give you less hen 1% accuracy. the parasitic are loaded on to the basic models to improve accuracy.

hock

You can also try ABM models available with PSpice, assuming you have transfer function of chip available. For simulation using ABM devices you need not know exact circuit details. This can can be done using just transfer function only.

In my experience, u can get a IC's IBIS model or encrypted Hspice model from the vendor, but I am not sure you can get accurate result with these models since they are much oriented to functional simulation rather than power consumption feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back