Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding RF MEMS Switch on coventorware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajithkumar1985

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tutorial on coventorware

i have started work on RF MEMS switch using coventorware i'm getting struck in simulation.. memelectro is not converging even first level ..i feel there is a problem in meshing..there are holes(5*5um) in my top beam (fixed fixed) so i used tetrahedron meshing of element size 100 (to save the time)..can anyone tell where i'm wong and also i feel there are some mistakes in material property database i used the same database as given for the beam tutorial in coventor ware..i'm using gold,silicon_100 silicon and thermoxide..can anyone tell the link of these material properities as i need elastic constants dielectric and conductivities and so on..for these..or send the database file if anyone working on it..
withregards
ajith

coventorware

Hi anna,

Even i surfed the net a lot for their properties, but could get hold of none of them.
I somehow get the feeling that even if the properties are all set right the CoventorWare will still give errors because it will not take the squeeze film effect into account when there are holes. It will calculate the Pull-in volagate considering it as just another structre. But when we visualize it practically, the presence of holes will reduce the pull-in voltage to a great extent.
I will keep you updated with any more findings that I make and I will continue with my search to find their properties.

Regards,
Hemanth.

how to design mems switch design in coventorware

Hi

Even i have the same problem. I tried a lot to rectify this error but i failed. so i just removed those holes from my model and got the result.but that is not the solution. what i feel u can reduce the mesh size as bigger mesh with so many discontinuties takes a lots of time and memory.

hi Bandana..
thanks for you reply.....
i had moved away from that project so cannot try u r suggestion...
by chance are you working in NMDC or MW lab...
thanks
ajith

hi

right now am working in HFSS for RF MEMS switch simulation.

regards
Bandana

Dear all friends, i am also facing problems on coventor ware regarding simple hole beam structure. plz can u tell me what is the exact way out of it.........which type of meshing i should use 4 it........when i m making rectangular hole then manhaton briks are doin well but probs arise when it is circular hole..i tried it also with tetrahedral with 130 and more element size but probs remains same....plz help me out............waiting 4 ur valuable response..............

Dear all,

do you know a way to give an actuation voltage for the rf-switch example in coventor such as instead of the complete square wave, there is going to be two voltage levels in one square wave. One is going to accelerate the switch, Va, and the other one will be lesser in magnitude than Va which will hold the switch ? I mean there is going to be dual pulse voltage level in one square wave ? I can only give single square wave form can't get the other part which is Vb lower than the Va ? I have included a picture for demo.
16_1306733150.jpg
[/IMG]

Any comments appreciated.

Hi,
I am currently working on making an ultrasonic transducer in Coventor. I was successfully able to carry out MemElectro and MemMech simulations but when I run CoSolve it is resulting in failure in 1st iteration itself. I'm new to this, can you please give me possible reasons for this failure?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back