Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding rayleighchan() function in Matlab :: Expert advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Communications_Engineer

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am simulating OFDM transmission over a Fading Channel in Matlab (using the 2009a version) at my university

I am concatenating 100 OFDM symbols, where one symbol has 80 samples (64 subcarriers and 16 cyclic prefix).

I create a Rayleigh fading channel object and filter my serial stream of OFDM symbols with the fading channel.

Now, the problem is that I want each OFDM symbol be individually faded, since I want to use Zero Forcing equalizer for Frequency domain equalization.

I tried the Chan.ResetBeforeFiltering = 0 argument, but then it takes independent fading for each sample. I also tried
Chan.ResetBeforeFiltering = 1, but then it takes (continuous) fading for all samples i.e. 80*100 samples

I think the way to deal with it properly is to use the Chan.NumSamplesProcessed argument and make it Chan.NumSamplesProcessed = 80, but Matlab does not allow me to alter this field of the object.

Can some one suggest the solution to this, since I find the help of Matlab to be insufficient.

Re: Regarding rayleighchan() function in Matlab :: Expert ad

Hi
I think you should do ResetBeforeFiltering=0 because it means that if it is 1, each call to filter resets the state of chan before filtering. If 0, the fading process maintains continuity from one call to the next.
Since practical channels do not get reset and they do not change so abruptly. So to me ResetBeforeFiltering=0 will do the task.

Muhammad Hanif

Status
Not open for further replies.