Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding PLL frequency synthesizer application

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestluck

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I m currently doing an assignment regarding PLL(phase locked-loop). I would like to ask whether is there any way to use THE FREQUENCY to control the turning direction of the MOTOR. Or is there any way to make use of the frequency as CONTROLLER to control the motor. I would like to use this to design an autogate, a small size one. Just for demo purpose. Thanks very much!

If you use a synchronous AC motor this will "lock" to the frequency. The only way to reverse a motor is to switch over two phases.
VFDs (variable frequency drives) are three phase electronic generators that can output serious power (100 - 100KW) too drive mains motors. they normally can be adjusted 6Hz - 600Hz, giving motor speeds of .1 - 10 X rated motor speed.
Frank

yes there is frequency based control for the AC motor......

there are programmable frequency to current convertors ....

mostly used in tachometers....

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back