Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding place and route

Status
Not open for further replies.

kishore111281

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi after doing place and route will it reduce my dut's frequency, if so why? please correct me if i am wrong.

Hi,
the placement and also the routing have an impact on the parasitic resistances and capacitances. Therefore you normally you will carry out an parasitic extraction after place and route and do a post-layout simulation. Then you will get your "final" design operating frequency.
Regards,
hqqh

thank you, i didnt get exact answer , my doubt is effect of place and route on frequency , whether it will increase or decrease.
thanks in advance.

Place and route blocks are not optimized like custom layout.
some optimization is done using timing driven placement.
RC of routings plays role in P&R blocks.
P&R tool does not optimize inside cell level and uses existing std cells.
In custom layout both cell layout and routings signal can be optimized.

Kishore you just generate the netlist (schematic or circuit connections) after synthesis, which takes the maximum delay path and calculates the Frequency for your design..

Say now this schematic has to be fabricated on a die of much smaller size.. lot of parameters come into picture.. like routing delay, paracitic capacitance, si, etc.. which affect the circuit operation, frequency, etc.

Hence after P&R by Backend team.. the Frequency may decrease/increase..

thank you , I got the answer with respect to ASIC, suppose if i am going for FPGA , will it be the same as that of ASIC. Why i am asking is i have designed some modules for perticular design , but when i am done with synthesis it has given one frequency , but after doing P&R some modules got raise in frequency and some module lost frequency.
Thanks in advance.

i think a raise in frequency is a bit awkward ....i may mean that the previous calculation was fault or the current one is the faulty one .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back