Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Regarding PIC16F887 Controller and ICSP Pikkit2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay_3189

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am using PIC16F887 with MPLAB X IDE and Pikkit2.
i have bought one pikkit programmer as shown in below link.
**broken link removed**

but the problem is my MP LAB x IDE can not found pikkit2. and in pikkit2 software it is saying that pikkit2 is connected but device is not found.
can anyone help me to resolve this problem.
i have check all connection thrice but there is no problem with that connection.
and one more question that i have not connected PGM pin. so, its complosory to connect that pin?

i am using windows 8 OS.

Your USB PIC programmer may not be directly compatible with MPLAB X IDE.

The link you have provided indicates the programming device is supplied with software on a CD.

Have you attempted installing the software and programming the PIC16F877 using programming utility which came with the programming device?

Typically, third party programming software allows you to select the compiled HEX file to be programmed into the PIC.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.