Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding PCB, high current

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rathish322

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

We are working on a project in which the current is upto 50A at 28V . PCB is a four layer board. Layer1: top ; Layer2: plane (Ground) ; Layer3: Plane (Power) and Layer4: Bottom.

We are using 2ounce copper in PCB planes and 1ounce copper in top and bottom.

Please let me know whether this is ok and any other design considerations need to be taken.

Please help. Any application notes will be very much helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Rathish

You can sketch a rough topology of the high current nets, assign traces respectively areas to it and calculate the resistances and current losses. Then you'll see, if its feasible. I fear, 2 ounces may be too poor.

hi
i doubt that the 2ounce and 1ounce could support you,
i would better suggest calculate the copper using thetool and one more suggestion is identif the high current paths and better pour the copper instead of routing the traces, it helps better

thanks
som

Status
Not open for further replies.