Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding altera DDR2 Controller IP core

Status
Not open for further replies.

verilog_always

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
altera ddr2

Hi
I am using altera Ip core for the first time . I had generated ddr2 controller IP from altera and I have to run it by using MODELSIM whether to check it is working r not . But I am unable to do it. Can any help in this regard,,,,,,

can controller ip core

did you include the path of altera ddr2 ip library?

ddr2 verilog

I am newbie to this tool and i am running Modelsim in LINUX . There I added library files altera_mf.v 220model.v sgate.v . so apart form this what to do can u please guide me..

library auk_ddr_user_lib not found.

Hope example this script can help you to compile for DDR2 IP in ModelSim. Please Try to compile all file to correct library.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
# Library mapping
vlib work
vmap work work

vlib auk_ddr_user_lib
vmap auk_ddr_user_lib auk_ddr_user_lib

# Compile DDR Model
vlog -work work ./tb/ddr.v
vlog -work work ./tb/ddr_dimm_model_micron.v

# Compile DDR PLL
vlog -work auk_ddr_user_lib ../alt_megacore/ddr_pll_stratixii/ddr_pll_stratixii.v
# Compile DDR Megacore
vlog -work auk_ddr_user_lib c:/altera/megacore/ddr_ddr2_sdram-v3.4.0/lib/example_lfsr8.v

# Compile DDR Megacore
vlog -work auk_ddr_user_lib ./verilog/ddr_megacore/ddr_megacore_auk_ddr_dqs_group.v
vlog -work auk_ddr_user_lib ./verilog/ddr_megacore/ddr_megacore_auk_ddr_clk_gen.v
vlog -work auk_ddr_user_lib ./verilog/ddr_megacore/ddr_megacore_auk_ddr_datapath.v
vlog -work auk_ddr_user_lib ./verilog/ddr_megacore/ddr_megacore.vo
vlog -work auk_ddr_user_lib ./verilog/ddr_megacore/ddr_megacore_example_driver.v
vlog -work auk_ddr_user_lib ./verilog/ddr_megacore/ddr_megacore_auk_ddr_dll.v

altera ddr2 controller simulation

Hi,
first change the project directory of modelsim to project_folder -> testbench->modelsim.
then in command window type the following.

set memory_mode_xxx.v
where xxx.v is the behavioral model of the memory you are using.
source yyy.tcl
where yyy.tcl is the core generated tcl script which u'll find in the testbench->modelsim folder.
If any issues pls ask ur querries...
i am currently working on it... and i took hell lot of time to start with simulation... everything was missing for me then:)
Regards

ddr2 controller altera

Hi Electrom

Below command is not working
Vlib auk_ddr_user_lib Can u please help me in this regard

Added after 19 minutes:

Hi param
Can u please explain in detail

ip core ddr controller

Hi,
did u try what i have said...???
first open the modelsim...
then change the directory to the path where the modelsim folder is generated by the core.[u can change the directory by open modelsim->Files->Change Directory->browse the folder said]
Then type "set memory_model ddr2.v"(dont use inverted commas:)) in modelsin command window, where ddr2.v is the behavioral model of the your memory device which u can download from the corresponding memory device vendor. Next u shud make suitable changes in the core generated testbench according to the model which u have downloaded, i.e., in the testbench u have to instantiate the downloaded memory model.
Then run the core generated tcl script for simulation by command:
source *.tcl where *.tcl is found in the core generated modelsim folder.
Properly follow the above three steps and get the project simulated
All the best
Thanks and Regards

altera ddr2 controller testbench

Then run the core generated tcl script for simulation by command:
source *.tcl where *.tcl is found in the core generated modelsim folder.
Properly follow the above three steps and get the project simulated
All the best
Thanks and Regards[/quote]
Hi param ,
Thank you for responding, I had done same thing u had said.........
But I am getting following error

Error: (vsim-3033) ../../ddr2_ctrl_auk_ddr_sdram.v(250): Instantiation of 'auk_ddr_controller' failed. The design unit was not found.

I am using in verilog and this was not generated in verilog model instead it generated in vhdl

simulate altera ddr2 controller

hi,

If you follow the user guild, there should be no problem.

One thing you need to make sure that you don't
use the DDR2 synthesis file when you do simulation.
you should use xx.vo (simulation) file not xx.v (synthesis) file. I remember "auk_ddr_controller" is for synthesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.