Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regardign error NGDbuild in XILINX 7.1I................

Status
Not open for further replies.

kil

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

1) i have a problem while i am translating my design i ISE 7.1i xilinx its giving error as

ERROR: NGDBUILD failed
Process "Translate" did not complete.

how i can rectify that error plz suggest me if any body knows

2) in xilinx tool kit i have found the NGDBUILD related data and i found
NGD BUILD syntax : ngdbuild [options] design_name [ngd_file[.ngd]]
but i have a doubt where to enter this syntax in xilinx tool (i mean which window) where i can given the commands in the xilinx window.................
please do post me if anybody knows ..................

regards
kil

Hi,

1. This error happens when Xilinx ISE could not find the netlist for the related component. Suppose you have instantiated a component in your toplevel, and you forgot to source that file during synthesis. Then, when you give for place and route, ISE is not able to get that component and throws this error.

2. go to command prompt and change directory to where bgdbuild file situated (example : C:\xilinx\bin\nt), source your design for compilation.

Regards
Vs21

check the translation report

all the clues for the errors are in the report.

after you narrow down the cause of the error, you can find the answers
on Xilinx's site's support.

thanks vs2 and chiara for the valuble replies and i will follow u r tips and i will ask for further clarification

regards

kil

Added after 50 seconds:

thanks vs2 and chiara for the valuble replies and i will follow u r tips and i will ask for further clarification

regards

kil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back