Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regading the DNL/INL of ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

manissri

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dnl adc

hi i want to calculte the INL/DNL of ADC, the method given in "cmos analog circuit deisgn " by allan and holberg.
in this method he described that put an ideal DAC after ADC and sweep the input signal from 0 to vref and make the differnece of DAC output and input signal
and plot this equvalant vin-vin1 with respect to input .
we can then calculate the quantization noise .
in this method my queery is how we sweep the input signal i mean if we do the dc sweep of signal then we cna not give the clock (as my adc is clocked) so my adc would not fuction.
if we do the transient analysis for input ramp and then calculte the output of DAC,
then how we plot the vin-vin1 with respect to input sweep.
regards
i am attaching the page of that book for ur kind consideration

adc dnl

You have to do a transient analysis, there's no other way.

What you have to do is modify the output of your ideal DAC to fit the curve with your ADC output, including offset error, gain error and latency.

Simulating INL is more complicated than what people think. Use the document attached, it's 98 pages, but it's really worth reading it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back