Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reflecting negative frequency to positive frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfl

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to sample the magnitudes of a shifted window in the frequency domain. I seem to be doing it wrong when a part of the window sits in the negative frequency. Does anyone know the correct way of reflecting negative frequency to the positive side?

Here is an example: if the window (a real symmetrical, ie. H[-k] = H[k]) is centered at 80 Hz, and the sampling interval (the interval between two bins) is 43 Hz. These are the bins before and after the center of the window:

Code:
bin[center] : 86 Hz
bin[center - 1]: 43 Hz
bin[center - 2]: 0 Hz
[B]bin[center - 3]: -43 Hz[/B]

bin[center + 1]: 129 Hz
bin[center + 2]: 172 Hz
bin[center + 3]: 215 Hz

The bin[center -3], at the left tail of the window, sits in the negative frequency. I read somewhere saying that the magnitude at bin[center -3] should be added to bin[center + 3] after a complex conjugation. As the complex conjugation is just flipping the sign of the imaginary part, I figure it would just mean to add twice of the real parts of the magnitude of the window at bin[center +3], which appears a bit strange to me. Also I got a very distorted signal with this method. What am I doing wrong? Any advices would be very appreciated!

Cheers,
mf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back