Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reflectarray simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengzujian

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friend!
is there anyone to be farmilar with reflectarray,or did some useful work before,can give me some help about it's simulation.

cst reflectarray

its possible in CST. I have simulate a 24cm*24cm single layer reflectarray with a horn for feed in X band. it take 3h to simulate.

simuler un reflectarray avec hfss

fengzujian said:
hi friend!
is there anyone to be farmilar with reflectarray,or did some useful work before,can give me some help about it's simulation.
hi ,what kind of reflectarray cell u want?
DRA , microstrip ,aperture coupled,variable slot in ground,rotated elements,proximity coupled,stacked,multilayers
circular polarized,or linear polarized
pls be limited to cerian one as we could help
regards

reflectarray cst setting

i am also working with reflectarrays.. i have used HFSS and IE3D for simulating the arrays made-up of metallic patches and slots..

reflectarray simulation in cst

hi aamir064
as u know the reflectarray has main disadvantage that is the limited bandwidth
some papers talk about the improvement of that disadvantage
any ideas will be good here for discussion
friend,could pls upload any simulated file under IE3d
that could help
what r the steps of modeling in IE3D(port,walls )so on
regards

simulate a reflectarray in cst

well in IE3D i have used the plane wave excitation and no boundary conditions.. I have plotted the radiation pattern in E and H plane. For the moment i have simulated a 16x16 cell non-uniform patch reflect array @ 12.5 GHz.

Added after 1 minutes:

what are the specifications you are working with?

reflectarray

hi aamira064
thanks for ur reply
i would like ask if IE3d could get the phase plot of cell like HFSS,CST?that is my question
could i use feeder horn with array in ie3d?
i use cst in my simulation,use complete structure up to 31*31 cells
i use all in my design DRA(dielectric resonator antenna)
regards
abdulhady

reflect array

I dont think that one can use a horn feed in IE3D because it works for planar structures... but me too i am interested in simulating reflectarrays with a horn excitation.. If some one have experiance and a sample project.. please share.

Reactions: musa74

musa74

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
cst simulation disadvantage

aamir064 said:
I dont think that one can use a horn feed in IE3D because it works for planar structures... but me too i am interested in simulating reflectarrays with a horn excitation.. If some one have experiance and a sample project.. please share.
hi,the main question is how u get the phase figure plot versus cell dimension in IE3D
that is my question?
in CST,HFSS it is so easy getting that

Hi abdoeng, :)

Have you try to simulate the reflection phase for a single unit cell with oblique incident wave in CST?

Thanks

musa74

Hi abdoeng, :)

Have you try to simulate the reflection phase for a single unit cell with oblique incident wave in CST?

Thanks
yes,with same results as HFSS

musa74

so how do you simulate the reflection phase for oblique incident wave in CST?

I have simulate the reflection phase for normal incident wave in CST with a waveguide port on top and proper boundary condition, i have try to find a way to rotate the waveguide port in order to imitate the oblique incident wave but fail to make it.

Thanks a lot.

floquet mode require periodic structure so we use unit cell in x and y and automaic the port be in top and down the cell unless no E conductor plane at ground

Thanks for sharing the method.
I am just a beginner about floquet mode, still blur. Look like i need to spend more time to learn about floquet mode. Anyways really appreciate you. :)

floquet mode require periodic structure so we use unit cell in x and y and automaic the port be in top and down the cell unless no E conductor plane at ground

Hi abdoeng,

Do you means define two floquet port at the same time, one port at the top and one port at the bottom of the unit cell? If i have a ground plane, so how many floquet port i have to put?

Thank you

Re: simuler un reflectarray avec hfss

hi ,what kind of reflectarray cell u want?
DRA , microstrip ,aperture coupled,variable slot in ground,rotated elements,proximity coupled,stacked,multilayers
circular polarized,or linear polarized
pls be limited to cerian one as we could help
regards

hi
thanks for your attention
my work is about DRA reflectarray
and specially aperture coupled
but i do not simulate it good
i do not simulate aperture coupled patch,too(specially fig 3.20.table 3.1 in Encinar reflectarray book)
pls help mee

DRA reflectarray is quite challenge, even you got good simulation result, especially when you come to fabrication of the DRA reflectarray, in practical it is very difficult to position all the DRA blocks accurately like what you designed in simulation and the fabricated DRA reflectarray always end up with DRAs position get shifted by 0.5mm-1mm or rotated by 1 degree-2 degree depends on how good your skill. Since many elements was used, all these small error will add up and give a big different in the experiment results.

DRA reflectarray is quite challenge, even you got good simulation result, especially when you come to fabrication of the DRA reflectarray, in practical it is very difficult to position all the DRA blocks accurately like what you designed in simulation and the fabricated DRA reflectarray always end up with DRAs position get shifted by 0.5mm-1mm or rotated by 1 degree-2 degree depends on how good your skill. Since many elements was used, all these small error will add up and give a big different in the experiment results.

hi
thanks
but now,i can not simulate it,good
my work is aperture coupled DRA,can you help me?
really,i can not simulate aperture coupled patch,and i not understand it's problem.

hi
do anyone khow about reflectarray bandwidth?
why phase curve in bandwidth,must be parallel?
help me plz!!

musa74

we define 1 dB bandwidth in gain figure
secondly,the performance of reflectarray depend completely on figure curve so more linearity lead to more wide bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back