Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

References about timing closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

research235

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello every one,

my present work needs some knowledge abt timing wave forms and timing closure concepts . I dont have much knowledge abt timing closure . can some one please give soem material r links abt these concepts ..

suresh

what does timing closure mean

if you have access to either sourcelink or solvnet, u ll find tons of material on timing closure. i'd suggest that u look for timing closure related material in the application(e.g., ddr) where u r working.

Re: timing closure

Refer to your synthesis tool documentation. I will try to get Synopsys DC tutorial for you.

hi,
What does timing closure mean? Is it a procedure of meeting timing requeirement?
Is there any difference between timing closure in DDR or other logic design?

Yes, you are right. Timing Closure is to meet the timing requirements by optimizing the circuit.
I dont' know much about DDR circuit, but I think the basic knowledge is the same, if there were any difference, it should be the different definition of setup time, hold time ...

I need still more information regarding Timing closure. Plz explain me bit detail

timing closure

I think you should see STA tool document based on your design spec

Hi,
The timing clouser is achieved by following methods
1) Modifying constraints suplied to DC
2) RTL partitioning
3) Pipelining the largest delay block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com