Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

References about microwave mixers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gladiator

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am looking for any ref. about microwave mixers?
any help please

thanks

Re: microwave mixers

Hi,
Visit the minicircuits website and check the mixer application notes.
B R M

there are many materials about mixer in ieee! I think they will be helpful!

I recommend the "Microwave mixer" written by Stephan A. Maas

You need to heavily involve in reading Mixers in depth but I am giving to you and to anyone here something they can remember the mixers with:

A signal 2KHz being modulated at 40KHz

The signal modulated is being again multiplied by 40KHz then a Low pass filter at 2KHz does the trick.

See pictures: Better than 1000 words of mine. Mixers 101 made Easy heh.

W.J also has a good application note.
It is very general and a good for start. Steeve Mass gives more details and shows several examples. Look also for Balouns.

D.J

Hi,

if you are a begginer you can combine Microwave Mixers by Steve Mass with RF and Microwave Design Cookbook from the same author. There are a lot of hints and recepies there that you can follow to get your first design successfully. As someone mentioned, mixer design is basically coupler/balun design, especially for the passive one (diode mixer), so you can get some stuff for that as well.

flyhigh

plz
i need the last chapter of this book "Microwave Mixers by Steve Mass"
FET mixers
can anyonr upload it

thanks

You can find a lot in IEEE

dear djalli

i have the book from mcu /userfiles/eirp
it doesnot contain the final chapter "fet mixers"

can some one give me a link for it

thanks

khouly said:
dear djalli

i have the book from mcu /userfiles/eirp
it doesnot contain the final chapter "fet mixers"

can some one give me a link for it

thanks

you are right is not present! I dont have it either. well you can try the RF/microwave cookbook from maas in the same dir.

It shortly describes fet mixers in chapter6. If you know the rest even that kind of information would be a lot sufficient

Hi,

Here is several introdution to the design of Mixers from @gilent, including the design of Gilbert mixers with @DS.

microwave mixers

Here is more:

Actually this is pretty good:

Artech House Nonlinear Microwave And RF Circuits 2nd Edition eBook - Stephen Maas

and

DESIGN AND CHARACTERIZATION OF DOWNCONVERSION MIXERS

The last one judging by the author name does not ring a bell to me so is propably some paper.

Actually Stive Mass covers different kind of mixers. He explains different diodes mixers configurations and also Phemt passive and active mixers.

microwave mixers

True! But it feels to know how manufactuers make mixers which are available today commercially?

Part I attached is dedicate to that. I think is a good knowledge to know.

I give you one example: In theory everyone knows how to build an H-Bomb (not the Atomic Bomb). You think you can make one?

To tell the truth Russia has its H-Bomb airborne. US/China must mount the bomb then explode it. No one has it. No one knows (except Russian engineers) the trade secrets to make Hydrogen Bomb airborne.

That is why attachment for mixers added is very useful. It gives you a very powerful hint on mixers. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back