Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reference design of 802.11 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvd_wireless

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
isl3873 prism

Hi everybody,

I am on a project of sending data from microcontroller to computer via wireless 802.11. Right now I am searching for a reference design of a 802.11 card, so I will know how send data from microcontroller to the 802.11 card memory buffer, before the data is sent via the antenna.

Can anybody help me? I prefer the card w/ PCI bus or PCMCIA. Right now I have DWL-520+ wireless card from D-Link, which I couldn't find the reference design. but if somebody have the ref from any other card it'll be good as well.

Please , please help me. I will gladly post the whole project's log if I succeed, for the reference of anyone needing it.

Regards,

David Tambunan

pcmcia wifi prism reference design

dvd_wireless said:
Right now I have DWL-520+ wireless card from D-Link, which I couldn't find the reference design.

And I've doubt you'll ever find it.

According to DWL520 manual, the obsolete product (replaced by DWL510) is based on Intersil PRISM 2.5 chip set ISL3873 BBP/MAC and ISL3874 BBP/MAC (replacing PRISM 2 - HFA3841, HFA3842, HFA3861)
HFA3841 - https://www.datasheets.org.uk/datasheet.php?article=1636345
HFA3842 - https://www.datasheets.org.uk/datasheet.php?article=1636348
PRISM Driver Programmers Manual - **broken link removed**

DWL520+ manual don't mention any reference to its chip set like his ancestor DWL520, so could be different than ISL3873-3874.
Unfortunatelly after Intersil sale of its Wireless Networking Product Group to GlobespanVirata Inc, they remove most of the technical documents from their site.

If you find somewhere the PRISM 2.5 - based Reference Design ISL37300P-CD it will help you understand what's behind DWL520.
I upload for you data sheet of ISL3873B and ISL3874A and ISL37300 into PRISM2.5.rar file.

The PRISM 2.5 Reference Design includes integrated circuits, software, firmware and a companion voltage-controlled oscillator to give systems manufacturers a highly integrated, full-featured solution for designing 802.11b-compliant wireless networking capability into small, handheld devices such as laptop PCs, Personal Digital Assistants and next generation "Web Pad" Internet appliance devices. PRISM 2.5-based products will provide users with wireless access to networks and the Internet for fast and efficient transmission of data, video and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services.

The new PRISM 2.5 Reference Design comes with all manufacturing data and necessary software. The contents include system schematics, board layout, Gerber files, bill-of-materials lists, software, firmware and documentation. For customers who use the reference design with minimum changes, system design effort and time-to-market can be reduced by up to 80 percent. The new reference design is compatible with Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT 4.0 and Millennium operating systems.

dvd_wireless said:
but if somebody have the ref from any other card it'll be good as well.

www.edtp.com look to Airdrop-P or Airdrop_A boards

Status
Not open for further replies.