Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] redundant via insertion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

@t_the_m0ment

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi im new on ditital field and work as a Phyisical Design

i searched about difference between singlecut and multicut vias..

the tool (i use fusion compiler) use command [add_redundant_vias]
to change siglecut into multicut as much as tool can..
but i wonder why the tool didn't use multicut at first ?

is there any bad effect on multicut? like size?

thanks
Best regards

Solution
If you will use multicut at start, it will occupy more routing tracks, so the router may fail. Instead, you use singlecut, then route design, then replace cingle by multi if there are empty rooms for it.

Still, you can force tool to start use multicut at start of routing, if you want.
If you will use multicut at start, it will occupy more routing tracks, so the router may fail. Instead, you use singlecut, then route design, then replace cingle by multi if there are empty rooms for it.

Still, you can force tool to start use multicut at start of routing, if you want.

Solution

Thanks a lot i got that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back