Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reduce subtate resistance in Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonica

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
subtate resistance

hi i am new to layout, can anybody tell me why we have to reduce substrate resistance

subtate resistance

use row(s) a contact for connection to gnd

subtate resistance

For digital design, we hope substate to tie VDD/GND. However, if substate has large resistance, there is an IR-drop from well-tap to device bulk node, which will cause the body-effect and impact on device performance.

Re: subtate resistance

To prevent the latchup problem we prefer to have the less substrate resistance with respect to the particular MOS.

subtate resistance

hi

if there will be votage drop in substract it may cause latch up or body effect or Drain induced voltage lowering problem.

so it is necessary to keep substract resistance lower to avoid this unwanted effect.

one way to reduce substract resistance is high doping in substract but that way leackage current problem will increase so it is not recomanded.

Another way to do is as many as tapping.

Although i am not sure but some companies uses increamental doping profile in substract to achive this or on Silicon on Insulator i think hiph doping will work as there is not any cause of leackage current as device is on insulator layer.

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back