Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Redhat Linux 7.3 Ethernet Card Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyboy19

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just bought an HP a530n, AMD64 based processor. I installed Redhat 7.3 on it for EDA tools installation purpose. Unfortunately, since 7.3 is a rather old release (and I am using only Kernel 2.4.18-3), it does not support the Ethernet Card in this HP machine. The Ethernet Card is RealTek RTL8201L 10/100 Fast Ethernet. Thus everytime when the PC boots, I can see the faiure reported on eth0 device.

Does anyone know where can I download the driver for this card? Or do I have to dig in the antique store to find those 'old' ethernet card several years ago so that RH7.3 can support? Please help!!!

Why use RH7.3 now. You have a powerful 64-bit CPU!

I think it is better use Fedora Core 1. Many people have discussed how to install EDA tools on this platform.

Hi Treebear, could you please tell me where to download (or buy) Fedora Core1? I am a newbie in Linux OS and would appreciate if you can help me out. Also are you sure those major EDA tools can be supported by Fedora Core1 (i.e. IC50 & LDV41)?

Willy

Fedora Core1 is an open source project of RedHat.
It is the next generation of RedHat 9.0.
You can find it at **broken link removed**
I think Fedora can give your AMD64 more suport.

No problem for the /I/C/5 and /L/D/V/4/1 on Fedora Core 1. I have tried them.
Also for the /S/y/n/0/p/s/y/s/ /s/y/n/t/h/e/s/i/s tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.