Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Redhat 9.0, Fedora and Enterprise Redhat

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesfet

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what are the difference between redhat 9.0, Fedora and redhat enterprise? I am going to install redhat but I don't know which one I should install.

Mesfet+

Hi,

I have tried hardly to install Cadence IC 5.0.33 on Linux Red Hat Enterprise A.S. 3.0 but finaly, I have given up. Now I am using Mandrake 9.2 DVD Powerpack. It is easier, and it supports NTFS partition reading ....

Redh Hat 9.0 does not support ICH5R and SATA features. I was unable to boot on my WD Raptor drive. Red Hat Enterprise A.S. 3.0 recognizes ICH5 SATA well.

I haven't tried Fedora yet.

Forget Fedora, I heard theres too many problems to bother with. Theres graphical problems and also some of the tools are completly broken and do not function at all. IMO its the 2.6 kernal causing havok an duntil cadence compiles using this kernal the problems will remain.

I tried fedora for different EDA tools but it has lot of problems.

Redaht 9.0 is better then fedora

why not select redhat8.0, I think that it is stable for most eda. Please test!

Maybe the RH 7.3 is the best choice since most EDA vendors claim their products working on this platform.

redhat7.2 is a current main platform for eda tools, rh8.0 can also work well, then at the next year, the rh as3.0 would become the main platform.]
this is the annocement of industry
**broken link removed**

RH 7.2 is determined by tools maker.

Under RH9, C@denc_e tools can not be installed smoothly.

RH8 is OK.

Fedora is OK. I find no big troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.