Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Red hat 9 installation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisss

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
All:

I installed red hat 9 to my computer, but I can't go into graphical interface. It is possibly graphic card issue, so download new driver for this card,but I don't know how to install it, anybody can help me,thanks very much! I use GeforceFX card .

lisss

had the same problem with mandrake, the included nividia drivers were dodgy with my geforce 3, reinstall redhat with the XFree nvidia drivers (nv).

gezzas525 said:
had the same problem with mandrake, the included nividia drivers were dodgy with my geforce 3, reinstall redhat with the XFree nvidia drivers (nv).

Go back to RH 7.3 will solve your problem

RH 7.3 is worse it had no nvidia drivers and no drivers for my ATA 133 controller so I ended up trying it in text mode nearly a year ago.

Thanks , I ave downloaded Redhat 7.3, I can go into graphic interface. is Redhat 7.3 compliant to cadence IC5?

lisss said:
Thanks , I ave downloaded Redhat 7.3, I can go into graphic interface. is Redhat 7.3 compliant to cadence IC5?

I also tried to install Cadence IC5033 under Red Hat (9.0, Enterprise A.S. 3.0) but they didn't work.
What I have done: I downloaded a Mandrake 9.2 DVD Powerpack on eMule and tried to install Cadence. It worked the first time, without any issues (just some problems to set up the environement variables, but this was my fault, not Mandrake's fault)!!!

Download Mandrake 9.2 DVD Powerpack and Cadence IC5033 for Linux from eMule and it will work. Mandrake supports the ICH5 SATA controller and the new ATI and nVidia graphic cards.

Regards,
The Dock

this is not a good method but it works. grep some old vga card like nv tnt 2 and install x windowns on linux. if u can install this and stat x then download drives for u r Gforce card and install drivers, after that shutdown system. remove old vga card and plug in new vga card. start system and kudzu will detect new card search for drives and kernel will find it.

When I click Help in IC5, but the error meaasge pop up

THe web browser can't be started. On Unix, make sure that your PATH environment variable includes the path to Netscape.

There is no Netscape in redhat.

Can I use default web browser to look IC5 menu?

How to set the environment variable?

Status
Not open for further replies.