Not open for further replies.

nocky

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

I am designing a power supply for powerline robots, i'm using qfield to design a current transformer. I'm getting a low ac voltage 1V and i need to rectifier it, i have read that i can use mosfet for rectification...I'm not sure hhow to go about designing it... anyone who can help or pdfs to read thru...plz.

thank u
Nocky

As a first point, I don't exactly understand the motivation of your question. The output of a current transformer is basically a current rather than a voltage. Of course, the available voltage is limited according to the maximum core flux.

Secondly, I fear you'll get difficulties to operate a self-steered MOSFET rectifier with low voltages of e.g. 1 V, because MOSFET threshold voltages are usually higher.

In my view, there are two common solutions for rectifying current transformer output:
- if an output voltage of e.g. 1 V can be accepted, use low voltage schottky diodes
- for lowest transformer voltage (respectively best accuracy), use active rectifier circuits with operational amplifiers or optionally preceeding AC amplification

Reactions: nocky

nocky

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…