Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rectifier one-half and two-half

Status
Not open for further replies.

imlookingforsomehelp

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.

Before I start writing about my problem, I would like to say, that i'm not english and i don't know the typical electronics names in english language, so sorry for all mistakes that I will make . I will be also pasting some pictures to let you know what I'm talking about. If I'm writing this in wrong section please move it to another one.

So, well , I'm looking for some help with a report (kind of homework). It's about rectifier , which looks like that [ Wej means -input , wyj - output.

I was doing measurements at school using oscilloscope , function generator and frequency meter. The oscilloscope has about 10%. accuracy.
Below are the parameters that I've received:

1.Harmonic Voltage UTR =13V
2.Voltage rectified by the rectifie U1 = 13V . 200Hz (translating on english from my language it would be like voltage rectified by the rectifier one-half. It gets results that looks like here should be a picture
3.Voltage rectified by the rectifier 'two-half" U2=12,5 V , 400Hz ( it gets results like thi here should be a picture )
4. Volage U1S – stabilized U1 byRC circuit 8,8V (constant) , 0.075V(variable)
5. Voltage U2S - stabilised U2 by RC circuit 10V(constant) , 0,04V (variable)

Unfortunately i didn't get frequency fot the last two , so i can only guess what it should be.

I had to check the voltages shapes when the generator gives triangular and rectangular voltage.

In the report I have to :

1. make a graph when the generator gives sinusoidal ,riangular and rectangular voltage ( the last two I didnt check )

2 Calculate the average and effective voltages value Utr , U1 , U2 for rectifier one-half and two-half. Mistakes Estimate by the total differential method.

3. Compare the caltulated average voltages values of U1 , U2 with the measured constant components U1S , U2S. Explain whe the variable components appeared.

4.Calculate the efficiency of the voltage and the ripple factor for both of the rectifier (one-half and one-two). Mistakes estimate by the total differential method.

That's all. I hope this is readable and someone will help me! It's very important for me. And sorry for the mistakes I made:)

I will appreciate if someone can help me , especially on msn.

Here should be a picture means that here should be a pictue but the board doesnt allow it yet.

The language difference and lack of pictures is limiting. Are you working with a half wave circuit, full wave circuit, sine wave, triangle wave and square wave? RC circuit? Fourier analysis?

I don't think, that Harmonic Voltage is a well-defined term.

You should consult internet resources, e.g. wikipedia.org or to learn about the common English terms.

I've replaced some word and added pictures.
{effective voltages into RMS}. If it's still not clear tell me and i will be pasting more picutres.

Before I start writing about my problem, I would like to say, that i'm not english and i don't know the typical electronics terms in english language, so sorry for all mistakes that I will make . I will be also pasting some pictures to let you know what I'm talking about. If I'm writing this in wrong section please move it to another one.

So, well , I'm looking for some help with a report (kind of homework). It's about rectifier , which looks like that
2hmegbm.jpg
Wej means -input , wyj - output.

I was doing measurements at school using oscilloscope , function generator and frequency meter. The oscilloscope has about 10%. accuracy.
Below are the parameters that I've received:

1.Harmonic Voltage UTR =13V
2.Voltage rectified by the rectifie one-two U1 = 13V . 200Hz (. The rectifie one-two might not exisist as term. I translated it into english word by word **broken link removed**
3.Voltage rectified by the rectifier 'two-half" U2=12,5 V , 400Hz ( "translated word by word" it gets results like this**broken link removed** )
4. Volage U1S – stabilized U1 by the RC circuit 8,8V (constant) , 0.075V(variable)
5. Voltage U2S - stabilised U2 by the RC circuit 10V(constant) , 0,04V (variable)

Unfortunately i didn't get frequency fot the last two , so i can only guess what it should be.

I had to check the voltages shapes when the generator gives triangular and rectangular voltage.

In the report I have to :

1. make a graph when the generator gives sinusoidal ,riangular and rectangular voltage ( the last two I didnt check )

2 Calculate the average and the RMS voltages value Utr , U1 , U2 for rectifier one-half and two-half. Mistakes Estimate by the total differential method.

3. Compare the caltulated average voltages values of U1 , U2 with the measured constant components U1S , U2S. Explain whe the variable components appeared.

4.Calculate the efficiency of the voltage and the ripple factor for both of the rectifier (one-half and one-two). Mistakes estimate by the total differential method.

That's all. I hope this is readable and someone will help me! It's very important for me. And sorry for the mistakes I made:)

I will appreciate if someone can help me , especially on msn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back