Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rectifier bridge of a power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaga2410

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, :D

I am a newbie in electronic.
Actually, i study how to calculate the components of a power supply.
My problem is the rectifier bridge. How to know the values to use ?

I've found tutorials but no formulate calculation.

Can anyone help me ?

PS. Excuse for my bad english.

Hello,

Anyone can help me ?

I just want to know how to choose the voltage and the current for a bridge rectifier !

Thanks

Here:
**broken link removed**
is an example that should give you some hins on how to select diodes(bridge) in a power suply ..
With our rectifier diodes or bridge they should have a PIV rating of 2.828 times the Vsec or at least 29V. Don't search for this rating because it doesn't exist. Use the next highest standard or even higher. The current rating should be at least twice the load current maximum i.e. 2 X 0.5A or 1A. A good type to use would be 1N4004, 1N4006 or 1N4008 types. These are rated 1 Amp at 400PIV, 600PIV and 1000PIV respectively. Always be on the lookout for the higher voltage ones when they are on special.

Regards,
IanP

gaga2410

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Know you load current. Your rectifier forward current must be capable of your load current.

Status
Not open for further replies.