Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rectangular waveguide to N-type coaxial connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagee

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Deat all,
I'm trying to simulate a rectangular waveguide to N-type coaxial connection in CST at 2.45GHz. Does anybody have any type of information
that could possibly help me model this transition?
Thanx in advance

vagee

vagee said:
Deat all,
I'm trying to simulate a rectangular waveguide to N-type coaxial connection in CST at 2.45GHz. Does anybody have any type of information
that could possibly help me model this transition?
Thanx in advance

vagee

Hi, Vagee!

I really can't see where's the problem. I did this task many times in M/W/S. This is very simple - use either the probe (approx. lambda/4 long) to excite E field or the "cross bar" to excite H field. The second one offers more bandwidth. See any book on waveguides and you will find.
This isn't so time consuming, you can employ optimization too.
Please specify your problem in details!
Rgz,
Eirp

Waveguide to N type coaxial

Dear Eirp, hope you are fine.Let me be more accurate concerning the initial post. The problem is as following:
I have a 75 cm long rectangular waveguide with internal dimensions of a=10,922 and b=5,461 ,a typical WR-430.I need to get coaxial output using an N-type as mentioned.
a) What kind of probe ending should i use in order to get the E-field.Should that be a conical end to the central coaxial N type connector?What kind of endings do you usually use?

b)Considering the lack of knowledge around CST optimizer do u happen to have any kind of problem with optimization routine?(always refering to CST).That would really help me get rid of the wrong impression i have for CST's optimizer.

kind regards
vagee

Re: Waveguide to N type coaxial

vagee said:
Dear Eirp, hope you are fine.Let me be more accurate concerning the initial post. The problem is as following:
I have a 75 cm long rectangular waveguide with internal dimensions of a=10,922 and b=5,461 ,a typical WR-430.I need to get coaxial output using an N-type as mentioned.
a) What kind of probe ending should i use in order to get the E-field.Should that be a conical end to the central coaxial N type connector?What kind of endings do you usually use?

b)Considering the lack of knowledge around CST optimizer do u happen to have any kind of problem with optimization routine?(always refering to CST).That would really help me get rid of the wrong impression i have for CST's optimizer.

kind regards
vagee

ad a)
Depending of desired bandwith. For many cases, ~lambda/4 monopole is enough. More bandwidth is offered with H probe - I have no picture here but look at any book on waveguides.
ad b)
I have get good results using optimizer. Of course, optimizer is optimizer only :)

See your PM.

Cheers,
Eirp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back