Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rectangular spiral antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

emoz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
reconfigurable antenna

Can someone please help me with designing a single-arm rectangular spiral antenna in HFSS?My thesis is about reconfigurable single-arm rectangular spiral antenna design with MEMS switches.But I don't know how the length of the spiral effects the frequency.

Thanks

emoz said:
Can someone please help me with designing a single-arm rectangular spiral antenna in HFSS?My thesis is about reconfigurable single-arm rectangular spiral antenna design with MEMS switches.But I don't know how the length of the spiral effects the frequency.

Thanks

please you give information about operate frequency and another parameter from spiral rectangular patch antenna.
also you can use from software ie3d for simulate spiral rectangular antenna.
i can give result from spiral for your with software ie3d.

emoz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
please you give information about operate frequency and another parameter from spiral rectangular patch antenna.
also you can use from software ie3d for simulate spiral rectangular antenna.
i can give result from spiral for your with software ie3d.[/quote]

The antenna must work at 900MHz, 1800MHz, 2.4 GHz and 3.5 GHz.I've done one without calculating.This one is operating at 1800 MHz.But I don't know where I must put the MEMS switches and change the operating frequency to which I wanted.

i am doing a reconfigurable antenna , but i also don't know how to put the switch,and don'n know how to simulate the antenna thinking about the switch

Spiral antennas are generally thought of as being very broadband. A wavelength or two around the circumference is usual if you have the space available.

HFSS is a good choice for modeling and I would be inclined to model the mems switch as a break in the spiral.

I wonder what your idea about tuning is about as the antenna is already wideband.

You might find Corzine and Mosko a useful reference for things spiral.

emoz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back