Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rectangular patch antenna with coaxial fed by using cst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thiadin

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rectangular patch antenna with coaxial fed by using cst for LTCC

hello. im new here. i have to design rectangular patch antenna by coaxial feed for 8 layers of LTCC. here is my specs.

ground and patch = copper annealed
patch =12.35mm x 16.14mm
ground and substrate= 24.7mm x 28.49mm
substrate = ferro A6S
inner/outer conductor = copper
radius inner conductor = 0.55mm
radius outer conductor = 2.0mm

i tried to design for the first layer of LTCC. there is no error and the simulation is done, but why my return loss graph look so weird? anyone can help me and check my simulation? this is my final year project.. tq..

Wow - that's quite a patch antenna!
What do you mean "looks weird"? Without seeing what you mean I'm guessing :)
What are you aiming for? What frequency/bandwidth/return loss?

sir, i uploaded my design. have a look. 1 layer of LTCC an d 8 layers of LTCC. i aiming for return loss and bandwidth.i hope you can correct my mistakes. really appreciate your help. thanks

Attachments

• FYP_LTCC_COAXIAL.rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 153

sir, i uploaded my design. have a look. 1 layer of LTCC an d 8 layers of LTCC. i aiming for return loss and bandwidth.i hope you can correct my mistakes. really appreciate your help. thanks

thiadin,... look here ........

Attachments

• oo.JPG
    oo.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 143

fiwi, did i have to remove the ground?

oh..okey..i'll try.. thanks fiwi..

Re: rectangular patch antenna with coaxial fed by using cst for LTCC

hi.. i would like to ask on how you design the coaxial fed using cst studio.
i need to design a microstrip patch but with coaxial connector. the journal i refer to did not mention about anything about the coaxial structure.
and i am a beginner of cst. i designed the patch but having problem on how to create the coaxial .
please help me.. thank you

,,, look here...**broken link removed** a good video and very instructive, although it is old ...!

thank you very much. it has been a big help..However, there is a part which i am still confused. i had successfully create the coaxial cable, then i attach the waveguide port as shown in video but the transient solver is not available for me to click it..

Last edited:

thank you very much. it has been a big help..However, there is a part which i am still confused. i had successfully create the coaxial cable, then i attach the waveguide port as shown in video but the transient solver is not available for me to click it..

,,, you have entered values in Frequency Range Settings and Broadband Field Monitors...???

fiwi, can u give me your email? i want to send my new design. perhaps u can check for me. tq;-)

,,, you have entered values in Frequency Range Settings and Broadband Field Monitors...???

oh.. oops. din enter the broadband field monitor.. thank you very much for the guidance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back