Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rectangle - variable - ADS2008 Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

breitfuss

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I´d like to simulate a rectangle (cut out in ground plane). The dimension of this cut out should be set with variables.
example: corner1(x1,y1) corner2(x2,y2).
x1,x2,y1,y2 are variables.
I know, how to define variables but I don´t know where I can use them for the rectangle.

microstrip lines can be set with w and l (variables)..and the same I need for a rectangle.

Do you understand =)

nice greetings

In ADS layout, you use variables by moving vertices. So, if you would like to increase the width of your rectangle, you grab the two corresponding vertices, and move those by the desired amount. If you current width is X, you can specify the variable to have a nominal value of X with a perturbed value of X + the amount that you move it.

First, draw your nominal rectangle. Then go to Momentum\Component\Parameters

Enter a name for your variable, the nominal value, and the perturbed value. Then click "Add".

A new layout will open up, and you grab the corresponding vertices, and move them by the perturbed value. Then click "OK", and you should be set.

Good Luck!

breitfuss

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back