Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Record audio above human hearing frequency-- how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee321987

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I need to build a circuit that can record audio frequencies up to 45kHz.

I have two main questions:

1) What kind of microphone do i need?
2) What kind of circuit do I need in order to make these sounds audible to a human? A circuit that can lower the input frequencies by about 20kHz (microcontrollers are fine).

Thank you very much for any help!

Knowles MEMS microphones work up to ultrasonic frequencies but I am sure there will be others.

To listen to ultrasonic frequencies I assume you would remove audible frequencies and then shift the ultrasonic range down. So, first filter out anything below say 25kHz. Then mix the signal with 20kHz and maybe low pass filter.

Keith

Knowles MEMS microphones work up to ultrasonic frequencies but I am sure there will be others.
Knowles would be a cheap solution. You also have B&K microphones with up to 140 kHz frequency range, high performance and rather high price.

Status
Not open for further replies.