Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reconfigurable PCI card design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhmhmh

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I'm going to design a universal PCI card based on a Acex FPGA. This card should work inside PC in PCI slot or outside PC connected through USB cable. I decided to use Cypress CY7C68013 uC as a card host. This host should serially programm FPGA from DataFlash connected to uC or with bitstream downloaded thru USB. I don't want to use alteras conf mem. Host should boot from EEPROM or from USB. FPGA should be also programmed with PCI JTAG.

Because I'm not a experienced hardware/software designer I have a few questions about this design:

1. Is there any posibilities to boot PC with Linux and this card inserted into PCI slot without PCI core, next load PCI Opencore to FPGA and start driver on LinuxOS?
2. Next for reconfiguration purposes detach the driver, reconfigure FPGA thru Host or PCI JTAG and atach a driver?
3. Should I consider special design for PCI pins or connect them to FPGA directly?
4. Can I use PCI JTAG to programm FPGA? I saw few designs with shorted TDI and TDO on PCI card. Do mainboards companies support JTAG on PCI?

What do you think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back