Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommended PCB thickness for 0.5mm BGA package

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperpaki007

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am using a 0.5mm pitch BGA package in a simple prototype PCB design. The package will have to be soldered by some machine using reflow techniques. I wanted to know what is the recommended PCB thickness so that PCB does not bend because of heat when package is mounted using heat reflow.

regards

what is your PCB board dimension? have panel board? General 1.6~ 2.0mm is ok!
Hi,

I am using a 0.5mm pitch BGA package in a simple prototype PCB design. The package will have to be soldered by some machine using reflow techniques. I wanted to know what is the recommended PCB thickness so that PCB does not bend because of heat when package is mounted using heat reflow.

regards

Board is quite small. 2x2 inches. What do you mean by a panel board?

Your PCB board is really small, SMT machine can't handle it, so you need panel a big one, the panel PCB board size should be bigger than 100mm*100mm is prefect.

5086550100_1406875213.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

According to the small board size, a thinner PCB stackup like 1 mm has the advantage of allowing smaller via drills. Check the available technology of your PCB manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back