Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend me a camera to interface with FPGA using VHDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

snaider

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone reccommend a camare module to interface with a FPGA with VHDL, or upload a project of this.

Re: Fpga and camera

You obviously dont understand what an FPGA is. The beauty of the FPGA is that you can use any FPGA with any camera module if you are able to write the RTL code to make the two talk to each other.

E

Fpga and camera

With FPGA you can design any digital signal processing algorithm, provided your whole logic will fit into that FPGA (i.e. amount of logic). Any digital data can be processed by FPGA.
Generally cameras will have decoders to generate digital information. So, that digital data can process your FPGA according to, what algorithm you implemented in FPGA.

Fpga and camera

daughter card for Altera boards

**broken link removed**

nxtech said:
You obviously dont understand what an FPGA is. The beauty of the FPGA is that you can use any FPGA with any camera module if you are able to write the RTL code to make the two talk to each other.

E
I do understand the philosophy of FPGA but I guess you misunderstand my question. I am looking for a camera module to work with a FPGA board((Specifically designed), like the one posted.

Your question was pretty clear in that you were asking about an FPGA to interface with a camera module. You did not indicate anything else.

Regardless of whether you are looking for an FPGA or a development board with an FPGA on it you will still need to write some code to make the two entities talk to each other.

If you want a specific cameral module developement board that uses an FPGA you need to ask for something like that. However if one exists you are going to be paying a great deal of money for it compared to just getting a development kit from a distributor like Nu Horizons or Avnet and then doing the extra work to get your camera module to talk to the dev board.

E

Fpga and camera

use xilinx board ML402 having all those feature which you nee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back