Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend High Efficiency Power Converter 10mA - 1A Step-Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asrock70

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need recommend IC for power supply
input voltage 24V
output voltage 3.3V or 5V
current 10mA - 1A
efficiency about 80%
I would use lm2675, but in Europe this circuit is really expensive.
Is something similar and cheaper?

What is difference between LM2674 and LM2675. I think the specifications you mentioned here are of 2674
input voltage range : 6.5 V ~ 40 V
output voltage: 5V
And price mentioned for this product is 1.35$/unit

What is difference between LM2674 and LM2675. I think the specifications you mentioned here are of 2674
input voltage range : 6.5 V ~ 40 V
output voltage: 5V
And price mentioned for this product is 1.35$/unit

The LM2674 is just max 0.5 A. But for high efficiency, you can't get that price (in mouser is above 2€)
https://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=LM2674
not to mention the necessary components such as the inductor.

How much do mean by really expensive? Or better yet, how much are you willing to pay?
OK look at the real price.
TI say price of LM2675 is 1,6$ for 1k pcs from this price Farnell in EU make 4.25$ for 10pcs and 3.4$ for 100pcs LM2675-Adj
Mouser have 3.4$ for 10pcs.
The idea is 2$ for order 10pcs and approximately 1.5$ for 100pcs.

OK look at the real price.
TI say price of LM2675 is 1,6$ for 1k pcs from this price Farnell in EU make 4.25$ for 10pcs and 3.4$ for 100pcs LM2675-Adj
Mouser have 3.4$ for 10pcs.
The idea is 2$ for order 10pcs and approximately 1.5$ for 100pcs.

Sorry. When I looked for similar products, the cheapest I could find were really the ones from TI.

But this is sad, especially when one considers that on Ebay you can buy 20 pieces LM2575 for 8.8$, including shipping from China. Or at Mouser sell TINYSWITCH 4 for approx 1 Euro.

I hesitate to post this schematic because it will subject the load to overvoltage if abrupt changes are made. This could be lethal to sensitive devices.

However it has the advantage of being inexpensive.

Hysteresis-driven buck converter. Constructed as a simulation only, at this point.

Once Vref is set, regulation stays within 0.1 V for all loads.

The total load in the screenshot is 5 ohms.

The 100 m-ohm sense resistor is not essential, but it tightens regulation on the output voltage.

All values are flexible.

Disregard the 10k resistor across the diode.

Status
Not open for further replies.