Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend books for placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

RishabhG

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a third year EEE undergraduate student. A few months from now I will be appearing for placements.

Most of my study in the University have been theoretical. Please suggest some books to help me refresh the basics of practical electronics and Digital logic circuits and systems. Is Electronic Principles by malvino good?

Thanks

there are very good books in electronic such as "micro electronic circuits" by sedra.

But again they are more of theoretical and also for first time reading not for reviewing.

I am a third year EEE undergraduate student. A few months from now I will be appearing for placements.

Most of my study in the University have been theoretical. Please suggest some books to help me refresh the basics of practical electronics and Digital logic circuits and systems. Is Electronic Principles by malvino good?

Thanks

You say that your university study is theoretical and again you want to read books? I think that will not help you very much? Better do some Innovative or at least Exceptional projects so that you can expect some good questions in them rather than the bookish study again. Hope i helped.

Well I am working on projects. I need books so as to score well on their technical tests and answer their questions in interviews.

Well I am working on projects. I need books so as to score well on their technical tests and answer their questions in interviews.
Most of the companies don't have any technical tests!!
If written test is your concern then i would recommend you to have a look at aptitude questions, most of the companies will have verbal and aptitude in their first round.
I don't think there are some books for placement that too technical.
Good Luck!!

All right, which book to use for aptitude? R S Agarwal has only quant. What about verbal and spatial?

All right, which book to use for aptitude? R S Agarwal has only quant. What about verbal and spatial?

You refer few older placement papers of those company. you will get some idea. Based on that you can prepare the way you want.

There is no particular book for placement technical.

R S aggarwal is good in verbal.

Since you are in third year , prepare for gate. It will make your basics strong in all aspects.

Every company will look how much basics you know, not how depth you are in particular subject are you because you are student.

Hope it helps!!:)

Reactions: SHABU

SHABU

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
There are some Google groups.where u can get the request information on placement papers and job related stuf like narendrajobs search in google...

If you are going for placement in industry, reading additional books won't help. Instead talk to senior students, ask them if they did any sort of industrial training/placement programmes. Gather as much info as possible, like what is expected of them, is there any kind of report to be submitted after completion, will you be subject to a training programme in a specialized field, etc, etc. Most of the time placements vary a lot from company to company. A few companies are used to take university students for placements, and they do have a specific programme for them. If you succeed, they might offer you a job after graduation. Other companies may give you donkey work - lots of administrative work that most employees would not like to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.