Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend a RF 2x1 power combiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlovejoy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RF 2x1 power combiner

Does anyone know of a power combiner type that can combine two signals with same frequency but different phase? Wilkinson's can do it but they have up to an additional 3dB loss for out of phase signals which I am trying to avoid. Now let me add some additional constraints.

Ideally - just microstrip lines and octave bandwidth (10-20 GHz)

Can't have - active components

Don't want - resistors, caps, etc.

I also want a couple million bucks but I realize I can't have eveything so any ideas are welcome. :D

Thanks

Jim

Re: RF 2x1 power combiner

Its easier to get millions of bucks instead of a no-loss passive power combiner.

Reactions: Edd

Edd

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I realize there will be some loss.

Let me get more specific on what I want to do. I have two microstrip signals to combine, A and B. Both A and B have same frequency but are 180 degrees out of phase. I want to combine A and B onto one microstrip line. Destructive interference should make the signals go to zero once combined. However, sometimes A is off and sometimes B is off. So when A or B is off, I want the other to be on the output.

Is there a way to do this passively? If not, could you point me in the direction of active possibilities.

Thanks

Is signal A always >180° or is signal B always >180°
if so you can use a 180° combiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back